Friday 2 March 2012

National Perspective

 Ok, try not to be too alarmed, I am actually updating within the same week, nevertheless the same month or even year. Perhaps this will work,  who knows.


 Well, during my loving reading of the news (been trying to keep up with what is going on, seeing as even though I still have access to newspapers and what have you, I don't read them all that much, plus, the only newspaper I do read is the Forge newspaper...which is a university newspaper...as much as I'd like to think that the story on students suffering from poor alcohol deals is national news, I don't think that it is entirely there yet) I found out that David Rathband, an officer in the Raoul Moat shootout, was found dead this week (the whole news story goes on for too long, basically, Moat was a tad fruity-loopy, his girlfriend left him - wonder why - and so he thought 'Why not go out and shoot some peoples' and ended up shooting his ex and her new partner and also Rathband, who was a police officer who was sat in the car and Moat sneaked up on him and shot him...probably not a viable story retelling, but you have the internet, bloody use it.) in his home. Can't actually imagine how the time since the whole incident has treated Rathband with nothing but misery. He lost his sight completely, lost his family, marriage and his whole life pretty much fell down around him. I can't begin to understand the mental pain that he must have been going through. However, what sickens me more, is pages like this:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Raoul-Moat-3/101270373261190?ref=mf
 Yes, an R.I.P Raoul Moat page...truly and completely disgusting. What makes it, if possible, even worse, is that people are actually on this page defending Moat. Saying that they knew him, the system failed him, life fell down on him etc etc. They obviously didn't know him. Otherwise, surely one of them would have stopped what he was about to do. What the hell has happened to society? Yes, obviously the ones who do defend him are from a different side of society (not saying that in a harsh or offence way at all, all I mean is that I personally come from a different segment of society...I'm just digging myself a hole, let's just leave it with no offense is intended), but how can they still not hold the same values? How can they honestly defend a man who caused so much pain and so much suffering. Lashing out at the system, blah blah blah, get a grip. How can have things changed so much...I know that back when my parents were the same age as me, such a crime would see every essence of the criminal flagged in red or completely removed from communal thought. So, why can't we do this now. Raoul Moat is, most definitely, certainly and wholly, undeserving of any form of sympathy, kindness or recognition. Frankly, he should just be entirely removed from  all thought. Forgotten, but if at all remembered, thought of in a red mist. 


 Now go forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment